Recycling Sanitation Green Waste Center
N6285 Berlin Road
Green Lake, Wisconsin 54941
W4691 County Road B
Markesan, Wisconsin 53946
Office Phone: (920) 229-6360
Cell: (920) 229-6360
Office Hours: Wednesdays from 1:00 - 2:00 p.m. at the Town Hall or By Appointment
The Building Inspector is an appointed position.. The Building Inspector performs inspection of new construction, additions or remodeling.
- Provide information on building codes and ordinances.
- Issue town building permits.
- Collect fees.
- Perform inspections.
- Discovery – find missing property and new parcels created by land divisions
- List – Review and assist in mapping and legal descriptions of new parcels in conjunction with County Real Property Lister
- Value – set the value of all taxable property as it exists as of Jan 1st of each year**
- Make all changes, corrections and adjustments to the assessment roll and prepare the Assessor’s Final Report for the State
- Send Notice for every property that has any change in value
- With Town board and Clerk, set meeting dates for Open Book and Board of Review and assist clerk with publishing and posting requirements
- Attend Open Book and make necessary corrections
- Certify assessment roll
- Attend Board of Review and present information in support of challenged assessments
- Do all things required of the assessor by State statute, including Use Value adjustments, maintaining proper town ratio, and continuing education
- Specifically including personal visit to view and value all new construction within town